Director - Solution Ownership, West Coast
US West Coast
At Provectus, we are the leading professional services company helping clients realize digital transformation through AI. We harness the power of AI, open-source technologies, and cloud services to tackle our client's most challenging problems and deliver innovative solutions.
Lead the growth and success of the Provectus Solution Ownership capability. Provide thought leadership to our clients, set strategic direction for Solution Ownership, and ultimately drive and support sales, recruiting, consulting, and operational efficiencies. You will also be accountable for ensuring the overall quality execution of cloud technology and AI/ML solutions across a breadth of expertise areas, including Cloud Analytics Platforms, ML engineering, ML Ops, and AI/ML solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform large-scale, complex delivery project/program management on client engagements.
- Maintain client/partner relationships and demonstrate expertise in leading/overseeing Agile projects to ensure successful outcomes.
- Manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership.
- Engage directly with senior client stakeholders to manage engagement risks, and project economics, including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Lead multiple delivery projects for a client engagement.
- Lead the efforts to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings; conduct workshops revolving around Solution Owner best practices and concepts.
- Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements.
- Work with Product Owners and Solution Architects to define and deliver technology solutions for clients.
- Develop and promote innovative agile and team leadership solutions, methodologies, and proposals.
- Support selection, staffing, and onboarding of consultants to projects; assist in qualifying opportunities and work with people managers and consultants to assess project fit.
- Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring, and day-to-day direction for a team of direct reports.
- Handle the performance feedback and annual review processes for direct reports.
- Lead business development opportunities, including writing SOWs and presenting solutions to prospective clients; identify opportunities and support sales to both new and existing clients.
- Serve as a People Manager for people within the Solution Ownership capability, and provide meaningful mentoring and advisement to more junior members.
What You'll Bring:
- 12+ years of consulting experience in iterative solution development as a Program Lead, Engagement Lead, or similar role.
- Experience in all phases of product development, software development, and testing lifecycles.
- People Management experience, including a strong history of mentoring others.
- Management experience in established technology and product departments with mature program management processes and standards for both Agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Experience with recruiting and building out teams.
- Hands-on management of complex projects with multiple work streams and $10M+ budgets; management of roadmaps and financials.
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- You are comfortable creating proposals, writing RFPs and SOWs, and reviewing proposals with clients.
- Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels, including client-facing skills.
- Expert in agile software delivery methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, and Lean.
- Ability to organize and run scrum of scrums on larger engagements.
- A real passion for building software solutions with state-of-the-art technology.
- You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Competitive salary + annual bonus upon reaching the agreed KPIs. The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $160-$235k of the offered base plus up to 20% of the base as a bonus as well as benefits. The salary range is determined through interviews and a review of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, and alignment with market data.
- Unlimited Vacation policy.
- Generous health insurance plan and 401 (K) matching plan.