Machine Learning Practice Leader
Provectus helps companies adopt AI to transform the ways they operate, compete, and drive value.
The focus of the company is on building ML Infrastructure to drive end-to-end AI transformations, assisting businesses in adopting the right AI use cases, and scaling their AI initiatives organization-wide in such industries as Healthcare & Life Sciences, Retail & CPG, Media & Entertainment, Manufacturing, and Internet businesses.
The role of a Practice Leader is the most important for the company’s Machine Learning practice, because it is not only about managing people, but also requires things to be done. A Practice Leader must have sufficient technical experience to maintain and demonstrate the best market practices while keeping abreast of the latest technologies.
- Practical experience with high-performance programming language.
- Strong understanding of Python patterns & best practices.
- Experience in productionizing of several models (different types).
- Strong understanding of ML project lifecycle.
- Practical experience with creating training datasets involving human annotators.
- Practical experience with variety of datasources (OLTP, OLAP, DataLake, Streaming).
- Practical experience Spark, Dask or similar (distributed data processing).
- Ability to explain every design choice one makes.
- Experience with writing DeepLearning models from scratch.
- Practical experience with model post-production & maintenance: model and data monitoring, retraining automation, etc.
- Ability to make reusable components of ML pipelines.
- Ability to explain decisions, status and roadmap to non-technical customer representatives .
- Experience in >1 of the following areas: NLP, CV, forecasting, recommender systems, reinforcement learning.
- Practical experience with AWS and open-source alternatives/ MLOps platforms, frameworks and libraries.
- Experience in team/department leadership.
- Relationship/team building. Leadership requires building and maintaining a solid and collaborative team of individuals working toward the same goal.
- Ability to teach and mentor. The role assumes providing employees with their career path and helping them achieve goals.
- Diplomatic skills. It means more than just "communication skills" and includes ethics, empathy, compassion, and the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Calmness. People are complicated, and it is required to be ready for any objectives or misunderstandings.
- Build effective teams.
- Participate in meetups, conferences, and build community.
- Share best practices and culture with the team.
- Mentor engineers, coach Team Leads, and encourage others to share knowledge.
- Have technical excellence and be an influencer in different teams/projects.
- Hire and onboard newcomers.
- Conduct performance reviews, 1-on-1 meetings.
- Identify and address team gaps in knowledge.
- Evaluate, improve and maintain processes.
- Сollaborate with other managers across the company.
- Communicate and follow the company's mission, vision, and values.