Betmo is an in-progress project aimed at developing a similarly named peer to peer sports betting application. Our job is to simplify sports betting and to make it accessible to every user thanks to our user-friendly and intuitive app.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience in testing of Mobile (iOS and Android) and Web applications
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with regression, integration and system-level test execution
- Experience with test planning, strategy, test case development, and test execution
- Strong knowledge of bug tracking system, namely: JIRA, reporting, verification tools, and processes.
- Strong problem solver and abstract thinker
- Good communication skills
- High self-efficiency
- Upper-intermediate or higher level of English
- Supporting the planning, design, and execution of system testing on a simple to complex implementations. The QA tester works collaboratively within the IT department to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies