As a member of our Infrastructure Operations team, the heart of PIX rests in your hands. You’re part of the team responsible for PIX’s production environment, comprised of cloud services, monitoring systems, and a fleet of microservices utilizing your CloudFormation skills. The buck stops with your team for all network and systems issues.
- Minimum 2 — 3 years operations experience supporting a 24×7 production environment demonstrating increasing responsibilities over time.
- Self motivated and passionate about learning, versed in the latest DevOps philosophies.
- Strong time management, interpersonal, and automation skills.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet).
- Experience working on optimization of an AWS based LAMP stack.
- Strong scripting skills in automating standard tasks, with willingness to improve. Python, Ruby, or Bash experience preferred.
- Strong skills in Linux system administration and standard services (HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, NFS).
- Knowledge of container technology (such as Docker) to run multiple services independently on the same hardware.
- Understanding of networking, routing, and security concepts (ideally: AWS security groups, IAM roles, VPC routing, subnetting).
- Skills working with MySQL/RDS database systems.
- Experience configuring and managing Amazon Web Service deployments
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Taking a major role in managing the production and development infrastructure environments at PIX.
- Experience configuring and managing Amazon Web Service infrastructure deployments.
- Design and implement the intelligent evolution of our cloud architecture, including capacity planning, increased availability, resiliency, monitoring and alerts, security, and deployment strategy.
- Develop and document new processes, and make it a priority to assist in knowledge sharing with the team.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Be a driving force for improvements.