As a senior member of the Back-End Services team, you will lead project teams that create and extend the PIX platform that powers collaboration across the film industry. This includes building and expanding back-end services for media processing, storage, encryption, and secure delivery worldwide to thousands of industry professionals. You will be tackling complex problems ranging from low-level video processing to high-level APIs and everything in between. Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases and services to ensure the PIX platform is scalable, efficient, and secure.
- Minimum 4 years back-end development experience.
- Firm grasp of OO design concepts and patterns.
- Experience building in a SOA or micro-services environment.
- Familiarity with both relational and no-SQL databases.
- Experience building server-side APIs and client-server interactions.
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team.
- Experience with modern programming languages and design patterns.
Will be a plus
- Knowledge of Python, Node.js, PHP and other languages a plus.
- Design, implement, and maintain PIX System platform and services.
- Build distributed services that auto-scale, self-heal, and automatically deploy to the cloud.
- Integrate internal and 3rd party components to build out functionality.
- Implement APIs for internal and external services and applications.
- Migrate legacy systems to newer service architectures.
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documents for other engineers and QA.
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability of your code.
- Participate in reviews and audits to ensure the security of our system.
- Coordinate with team-members and others in the organization to ensure timely delivery of software that meets all requirements.
- Train other team members on your areas of expertise.